My lovely Blogger followers!

Thursday 30 October 2014

3D Christmas ornament card

Happy Thursday everyone!  Today I've got a little tute for you that I'm showing also on the La-La Land Crafts blog on creating 3D Christmas ornaments for a card.  Now this is easy peasy, but my friends always think my cards using this technique is really impressive - and I like to impress!  ;)

So first off, here is the finished article...



And here's how I made those ornaments...


  1. I selected three different but co-ordinating papers but you can use any combination you like.  I die cut one each of the third smallest die in the Stitched Nested Circles die set and two each of the second smallest die in the set
  2. I then used my score board and scorer to fold each circle in half
  3. Using three different papers for each, I glued them together to create three ornaments as shown above
  4. Lastly, I glue a piece of twine down the middle of the backs of the three ornaments
To finish off the card, I positioned the three ornaments onto a piece of white cardstock, using glue at the back of the ornaments and cellotape on the back of the card to secure the twine.  I simply topped the ornaments off with some Doodlebug gems for a bit of bling, but little bows would look good too.

You can also make these into tree ornaments simply by doubling up the number of die cuts and gluing them to create a full ball - I'm going to give this a go myself!


Here's a photo showing it from a different so you can see a bit more of the depth...



I think you'll agree that really was easy peasy and I hope you give it a go!

That's it from me today but stop by again to get your daily dose of La-La Land Crafts inspiration over at the blog.  I'll be back tomorrow with my La-La Land Crafts DT post - ta ta for now!


17 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Certainly is very impressive, Mary, what a fab idea and such a gorgeous card! Thank you for the tutorial, I will be giving this a go! I guess it would work with other symmetrical shapes too!! xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh these are so super cute!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

aussie aNNie said...

Mary I just love this card, those colours are beautiful together and your design is gorgeous..xxThe Journey is the Start

Tina said...

beautiful...these are fun to make....

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Gorgeous and stylish!

KimCreate said...

You are right, this has adorable wow factor! i love it. :)

Sue said...

These are gorgeous, I love the papers and wonderful design.
Sue xx

Sarah said...

What a brilliant idea Mary, thanks for the tutorial. Will definitely have a go at this xx

Rachel Parys said...

Simple, cute, and perfect!! Love this!

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Mary love your gorgeous papers

Anne

Chrissy said...

I love your ornaments Mary and I am impressed also,so your job is done.Great tutorial and the finished card is just gorgeous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sue B said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Mary… I LOVE the pretty baubles… they look so good in the scrummy papers! Thanks for sharing how to make them… I will have to bookmark this and have a go! :-)
Hope you're having a great evening!
Big hugs
Sue B xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

How gorgeous Mary and beautiful papers for your baubles. Susan x

Kathleen said...

Brilliant and thanks for sharing.

Kath x

Christine L said...

Wow yes... these ARE pretty impressive... thanks for the tutorial - as you might guess it's gone straight to my Pinterest board for ideas! LOL

Hugs
Have a lovely weekend..
Christine x

heidy said...

Oh this is brilliant MaryJ!!
XXX Heidy

Fabiola said...

super idée j'adore, biz

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin