My lovely Blogger followers!

Sunday 26 August 2012

Making different sizes of rosettes using MFT Die-Namics

Hi everyone - I hope you are having a fabulous weekend like I am!  Today I'm here with a card using more Quixotic Paperie gorgossity!  I am also going to give you a little hint on how you can create different sized rosettes using the My Favorite Things Die-Namics Rosette Die.  So first off, here is the card...


 



I love the whimsical Gorjuss girls - this one is called I Gave You My Heart.  I stamped her on my favourite Make It Colour Blending Card and coloured her with my Copics.  For the background papers I used My Mind's Eye Sweetest Thing Lavender pad and for the rosettes I used papers from the My Mind's Eye Sweetest Thing Honey pad.


Now about using the My Favorite Things Die-Namics Rosette Die!  For my card I used the 1/4" Rosette Die.  To make the rosette you need to die cut two pieces of paper and do the usual thing of folding the creases concertina style.  Once you've put it together, the rosette will measure around 8.5cm (3.5 inches) in diameter.




To make smaller rosettes, simply die cut the two pieces as usual then then cut both pieces down their length either in half or whatever size you'd like, making sure you cut both pieces at the same measurement.  I use my guillotine to do this.  From the photo below you can see that I have now got two sets - I cut both pieces lengthways at 1.5cm...




You then glue the ends together to create your rosettes as usual - et voila!  Here's a selection I made ranging from 8.5cm to 3cm...




I hope that was useful - if you have any questions, leave me a comment on this post and I'll get back to you.  I'm off now - ttfn!







I am entering my card into the following challenges:
 

30 comments:

Sarah said...

Cute, cute card. I like the simple set up. and the rosettes add just the right touch to set this card off!
XxX ~Sarah

Stamps and Paper said...

Sweet card and those rosettes are great...great colours

Anne

Sue said...

Such a sweet card, I love the sweet image and your colouring is beautiful. The rosettes look fab, thank you for the tutorial
Hugs Sue

heidy said...

Gorgeous card Maryj and great tutorial!!
XXX Heidy

Ciska said...

Love your card, really pretty with the rosettes! Great tip on varying the size without having to buy separate tools too.

cheryl said...

oh hun I always adore your cards,they are always so bright,and so so ,detailed,and love the tutorial too,hun,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Such a sweet card!

Naomi Johnson said...

sooooo cute! love this card.

Maria Therese said...

I very very much love your card sweetie ♥

Aud said...

Very nice Mary love the turorial with the rosettes they are fab. Hope you had a great day yesterday. Aud x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Awww too cute Mary J! Love this little card and those rosettes are gorgeous. She is colorued up beautifully too! :)

Sasha said...

Such a pretty image and layout, Mary. I love your rosettes! x

Rachel Parys said...

Love these colors together!! Wow!! Super cute!

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty card, and thank for sharing on the tutorial... I have Tim Holtz rosette die and his comes out perfect sizes too...
Enjoy your evening!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous as always Mary. Love how you've used the doily and the rosettes look gorgeous.
xx

Jayne A said...

Stunning card MaryJ. I may have to invest in a rosette die.

Hugs
Jayne

The Crafty Blonde said...

fab card, love the little gorjuss girl and fab rosettes.
Lyndsey xx

Unknown said...

Hi Mary, another fabulous card - love the rosette and the GG is just perfect.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Crafting Belle said...

Another great card....PS hope you've had a great Birthday. hugs Lisa XXX

Shelby said...

Beautiful card. Love the doily and the rosettes are wonderful.

Shelby

paper fun said...

Beautiful card. Great tutorial on the rosetta.

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Plastic cards said...

This is so nice. The way you have design this card. You inspire me for designing, but i think it is not so easy to design. I am trying for the first time.

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card, love the rosettes

Thanks for joining us the Creative Card Crew for our "media" challenge

Margaret DT

Christine L said...

Now D'OOOOHHHHHHH Why didn't I think of that? I was thinking I'd have to invest in another die to get a smaller rosette.... I have the bigger one (think it's a tim holtz one) and was thinking it may be too big for a card....and that it may have been a waste of money! Soooooo BIG thank you Mary.... and btw... I love your card too with that fab Gor-juss image!

Hugs
Christine x

Anita said...

Aww, she's gorgeous Mary J and I love your card design. Thanks for the helpful hint too.

Anonymous said...

Totally Gorjuss Mary (sorry)! Fab tutorial too, must try that!
Thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Rina said...

Super Uber cute...love how the image is popped up.
Thanks for sharing your creations with the Diva's this week!

Rina Fashionista

Anonymous said...

Amazing card!! I love the rosettes! I also love the shaped card!! Great job! Thanks for joining us at DTBST!

Christy
SSD DT

cardmaking bird said...

Blimey, you've been busy! I was only here the other day!! Firstly, Happy Birthday for Saturday - hope you had a wonderful day, sweetie and were thoroughly spoilt!! And secondly - GORGEOUS card!!!! As always!! Hugs, Marie xxx

Kim Kelley said...

Very pretty! Fun embellies! Thank you for joining us at DTBST! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin