My lovely Blogger followers!

Monday 28 January 2013

Tutorial on lining up solid metal dies in a neat row

(Please scroll down for my Birdie Brown make and 
Pixie Dust Studiosguest designer post!)


Hello, I am back again today!  I'm here with my Make It Monday project for All That Scraps and today I'm going to show you how I line up a neat row using solid metal dies.  First of all, here is the made up card using Sweet November Forest Pals and C.C. Designs Cutters Key & Lock Embossing die...




As you can see I've lined up the hearts in a neat little row and here is how I did it.  To start with, I created a little template using thin printer paper that is the same size as the patterned paper I wanted to use, i.e. 10cm x 4cm...




As you can see, I marked where I wanted the vertical centre of the hearts on the paper (1.8cm in from both ends and 5cm in the centre) and then I marked where I wanted the top of the hearts to line up (0.8cm from the top). 

I then cut out this template and used repositional glue to stick the template on top of the patterned paper...




Next I lined up the heart over the centre marker and up to the edge marker.  Using low tack tape to keep the heart in place, I then ran this through my die cutting machineI then repeated this for the other two hearts...






Lastly, I glued a piece of co-ordinating pattered paper behind and voila, it's done!  The great thing is that I can use the "spare" hearts and also  keep the template to use again!



Here's the card again from a different angle...

I hope that was useful - any questions, leave a comment and I'll get back to youTTFN!




22 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Thanks for the great tip!

theCook said...

I wouldn't have thought of the template, I would have directly made my markings on the other side of the design paper... But the template is great, especially for not worrying too much about the tape!

Sally said...

Thanks for he tip :)
You are too good......hope you are having a good day.....sounds very windy out :( xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Thank your for the tutorial on lining up the hearts Mary....gorgeous little card

Anne

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

Thank you for a great tip
jacqui x

Sue said...

A fabulous tutorial, thank you for sharing.
Your card is gorgeous, the image is adorable and I love the cheerful colours.
Sue xx

Jolara said...

really FAB! Hugs Joyce

Rachel Parys said...

You are so smart!! I am a stickler about having things lined up perfectly, this is a great help! Thanks for the tut!

Sue B said...

Aww this is So cute Mary! what a handsome and cute lion! the embossing and papers look fab and thanks for sharing how you did those wonderful hearts! :-)
Hope you have a good week!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Another wonderful card Mary J and thanks for sharing how you did those cute hearts! x

heidy said...

Such a fun card and great tutorial MaryJ!!
XXX Heidy

Vicky said...

Beautiful and gorgeous as always hun...and I love the tip too..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Completely adorable Mary and thanks for the fab tutorial!
Helen x

Doreen said...

A fabulous tut Mary.xxx

Tress said...

Too cute! And thank you so much for the tutorial on how to create the hearts in a row!

Shelby said...

Thanks for the tip on lining up the hearts...turned out very cool!

Shelby

Lynne Armstrong said...

Awww he's so cute Mary :) Great tip for the die cutting!
Hugs xx

Christine L said...

Clever girl.... fab tutorial.... and gorgeous card! I'm gonna have to try that technique out!!

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

so gorgeous mary.really fab design and i love the cute image :D

xx coops xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

awwww cute!!! what a great design - i have never tried this! a great tutorial and the effect looks lovely :)

Tracy said...

Fantastic tutorial! Always great to see some new tips. Super cute card too! Thanks!

Fabiola said...

super chou toute en douceur, biz

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin