My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Colouring wavy hair tutorial

Hi all!  I'm here today with a quick tute on colouring wavy hair with Copic Markers using MilkCoffee Stamps  Lisbeth Walks In The Rain.

So, first I select my colours - here I am using E31, E33, E35 and E37.  First, using my lightest, E31, I cover the whole hair...



I then take the next darkest E33 and  colour where the darker parts of the waves in her hair will be...

I then use the next darkest E35 to colour the darkest part of the hair waves...

I go back and use my lightest colour E31 to blend the colours together...

Now I want to create even more depth.  I take my darkest colour E37 and put in the very darkest areas in her hair...

And finally using light strokes I lightly blend the darkest areas where I have used E37 with E35 into the E35 areas and E33 where I have used E35 into the E33 areas (if that makes sense!!).   Et voila, the finished hair...

Hope that was useful!  Leave any questions you have in the comments and I'll get back to you!



26 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Mary your coloring is FABULOUS!~

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Gorgeous Mary! I love that cutie image and you have coloured her up just so wonderfully :)

Squirrel x said...

Brilliant tute hun, and thank you so much Hugs Sxx

Jane said...

Thanks for the tutorial Mary J, colouring hair is often the bane of my life, but like the stuff on my head - some days it goes right and other times it goes wrong!!!
Hugs
Jane

Stamps and Paper said...

Great tutorial Mary thank you...


Anne

heidy said...

Fab tutorial MaryJ!
XXX Heidy

Chrissy said...

What a great tutorial Mary, and her hair is gorgeous, I must buy some copics in those colours and practise and practise and practise...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is awesome Mary!!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Sally said...

Hi Mary J
I think I need to get my Copics out again :)

Now are you being naughty and not studying....lol.
Hope it's going to plan ......have a good day.
Hugs Sally xxx

Kerry said...

This is a fantastic tutorial Mary J thank you! Your coloring is always amazing xx

canadian_liner said...

How-to's always much appreciated! It looks like the key is to have a series of shades (of markers) in the same colour-family, no? Thanks for the link to the Cuddly Buddlies. They are getting back to me re: international shipping costs.

Sasha said...

Thank you for doing this, Mary. I really struggle when colouring hair...especially wavy hair. Great tutorial xx

Tara Cardwell said...

Brilliant tutorial - your colouring is always so beautiful so it's great to share your tips to make us all a bit better :-D

Mette said...

Thank you so much Mary. Your tutorial is very informative and helpful. Love it.

Hugs, Mette

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Your hair colouring is brilliant! Thanks for the tutorial x

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wonderful tutorial Mary J, it's always fun to see how other artists work their magic and bring these cute images to life :)

Christine L said...

Gorgeous image and fabbie tutorial Mary!

Hugs
Christine x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous, I try not to buy stamps with long hair as you cant paper piece it, as I paper piece as my colouring is rubbish. Must try harder so thanks for that.

Kath x

coops said...

stunning tutorial mary.thanks for sharing ;D

xx coops xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

I so love your colouring...its amazing & thanks for sharing!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Lorraine said...

Ooh fabby hair, Mary J! Thanks for showing us how you did it! and that image is a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fab tutorial Mary!
Helen x

Crystal said...

LOVE LOVE your hair coloring, thanks for the fabby tut girl!

Crafty Cath said...

Girl - you sure can color! And you're a fabulous teacher too! Excellant tuitorial. Thank you for sharing with us.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

FAB tutorial!! I LOVE the way you color!! :)

Arabella said...

Awesome! Thanks for the fab tutorial!

Arabella

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin