My lovely Blogger followers!

Sunday 14 October 2012

Tutorial for creating a raised banner

Here is a quick tutorial that I had created for All That Scraps last week on how to make a raised banner like this...



What you need is the sentiment you want to use and a two ended fishtail banner.  I used a die, but if you don't have one then you can follow my tutorial here to create your own.



So after I stamped my sentiment onto the centre of my banner, I score two lines on one side of the sentiment.  I use my Score-Pal to do this and you can just about see the score lines in the picture below...



I then turn the sentiment upside down and score at the same place, obviously so that it's on the other side of the sentiment, as highlighted by the black arrow in the picture below...



I then crease at the folds to create the raised banner which you can see better in this photo here...



All that is left to do is to stick it on to your project!  Here is my finished card using with the raised banner and using Mashi's Muffins Farmer Fran and a AmyR Stamps Many Thanks sentiment...



I hope you found my tutorial useful - as usual, if you have any questions leave a comment to this post and I'll get back to you.




16 comments:

Evy G said...

O Mary! This is great! I have to try this! Thank you!

Hugs, Evy

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wonderful card Mary J and the sentiment is perfect with it!! I will definitely be trying this - thanks for showing us x

heidy said...

Ahh so cute MaryJ!!
XXX Heidy

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

this looks fantastic mary j!!! super duper cute image and papers and a fabulous layout :D

Lisa Minckler said...

I can't say I've ever sat in the middle of farm and told a pig it was fabulous before, BUT, if it looked as cute as this one does, darn tootin' I would!!! Awesome card Mary and thank you for the tutorial. Anything to make life easier helps a ton!
hugs,
Lisa xx

Stamps and Paper said...

A fabulous card and great colours as usual...thank you for giving a tutorial on the banner i am going to give it a go..

Anne

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is stunning you always brighten up my day with the most amazing colours,and your detail just brilliant hun hugs Cherylxx

coops said...

fab tutorial mary. thanks for sharing hun and love your card, the images are too cute and stunning colouring :D

xx coops xx

Rachel Parys said...

What a great idea, and super easy!! Thanks for sharing that! This card is just adorable!! Love all of the little flowers along the bottom!

Unknown said...

Hi Mary, great idea to do a raised banner! Thanks for the tip. And I love your card! Such happy colors. Hugs Frea

Fleur said...

A stunning card, thanks for the tutorial
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Jayne A said...

Stunning card Mary J and a great tutorial.
Hugs
Jayne

Unknown said...

You sure do know how to please your fellow followers with your creations..Well, I did love the tut and the roses...Aww, gorgeous! How did you??

Christine L said...

Gorgeous card Mary.... and fabulous raised banner tutorial... what a brilliant idea.... will be having a go at that today!

Hugs
Christine x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Loved this idea..I am pinning it to my Pin board with a link to your blogpost

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card and a great tutorial, thanks Mary!
Helen x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin