My lovely Blogger followers!

Monday 9 July 2012

ATS Design Team Make it Monday - ruffle ribbon border

Hi everyone!  A very happy Monday to you.  Thanks for all your sweet wishes for the family BBQ we hosted for my dad's 70th birthday yesterday.  It went very well and the weather held out and only had a little drizzle.  I have now eaten enough for 3 days so please don't speak to me about food!

Anyway, I am here today with my All That Scraps DT Make It Monday post.  I have a short tute on how I make my ruffle ribbon borders.  First, here is my card (so you know what I'm talking about!) using newbie Sugarplums Cupcake Emma and sentiment from the AmyR Sweet Sentiments set..




And this is how I do it.  First, I get some double sided tape and tear off a little more than I need for the length.  I then turn it so the sticky side is up and tape down the ends with masking tape to keep it in place...



Then I begin to stick down the ribbon, creating the ruffles as I go...



I use my other fingers to hold down the ruffles I'm creating as I go along...



Et voila, this is the full length...



I then carefully pick up the ribbon and remove the masking tape from each end.  Then I carefully remove the covering from the back of the tape...


Finally, I stick it down where I want to place it, taking the ends round the back of the cardstock for a neat finish.  And that is it!

I hope you have a go - it is so quick and easy to do and gives a more interesting look!




I am entering my card into the following challenges:
  

32 comments:

Debs said...

What a cutie!
Love the ruffled ribbon - thanks for the tut :o)
HAve a fab evening.
Take care
Debs xx

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Such a sweet card and a fab tutorial.

Unknown said...

Hi Mary, great card today hun! Love the design paper and that pleated ribbon! Great effect! Hugs, Frea

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Mary J, I love the cute image and the ribbon border looks fabulous.
Sue

Aud said...

A lovely card Mary, thanks for the tutorial for the ribbon.Aud x

Doreen said...

Love this card....a beautifully coloured image and papers.Love the ribbon ruffle.xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Mary and great tutorial on the pleated ribbon

Anne

Kerri said...

great card and love the tut..on the ruffle ribbon does it stay for an extended period of time...thks for sharing..

Anonymous said...

Glad your BBQ went well and love your sweet card, so pretty and thanks for the fab tutorial too!
Helen x

Shelby said...

Can we talk to you about how well you colored that yummy looking cupcake?!!! Glad all went well for the BBQ. Love the color palette you've used with this cutie and of course she's colored perfectly.

Shelby

Fabiola said...

adorable! merci pour le tuto, biz

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Mary, and thank you for the tutorial, my brain could not figure that out by itself, and always struggle getting the ribbon to behave, well, now I know the secret..looks fabulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky said...

Simply gorgeous sweetie..and big thank you for the tutorial too :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Sassy Cheryl said...

Happy Monday to you to Mary!
Happy 70th to your dad!!!
Love, love, love your gorgeous card and I love the little tutorial! It's fabulous!!!!!
Hope you have a great week!!!
Thanks for sharing in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday this week.

Kathleen said...

Really sweet card and pretty papers.
May have a go with the ruffle ribbon as I am useless at bows.

Kath x

cheryl said...

oh glad it went well Hun,you sure I cant persuade you to eat a slice of cake,lol,anyway Hun your card is just brilliant the detail is just amazing,love the ruffled ribbon,hugs Cherylxxxxxxxxxx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great card, love the cute image and fab papers. The ruffled ribbon looks brill.
Lyndsey xx

DesignerDiva said...

Another gorgeous card MAry and a great tute - it looks so easy maybe even I could do that!
Hugs Laurie xx

Sasha said...

Fabulous, Mary! Love your ruffled ribbon and a great tutorial too x

Faye said...

You know I'm gonna adore this card, right?! Fabby ribbon ruffle tute too. xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Ooooh! What a fabby ribbon tutorial! I am going to have to try this one out - thanks so much Mary J! :D

Christine L said...

Hi Mary... fabbie card.... as always... and thanks for the tut on your ruffled ribbon - will definitely be giving that a go!

Hugs
Christine x

Lisa said...

Aww, such sweet card and I love the ruffle! Thank you for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly and good luck!

coops said...

so gorgeous mary.stunning sweet image and design and thanks so much for the tutorial.you will be seeing ruffled ribbon on my blog very soon now :D

xx coops xx

marion82 said...

beautiful card and thanks for the tutorial!!♥Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges!!♥
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Mary! SO cute, love the colours and your fab ruffled ribbon. Thanks for joining in with my WNW challenge hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Crafty Cath said...

Oh my I love the scrunched ribbon technique! Thanks for the tuitorial - I always thought it was so much harder than that. And it adds such a gorgeous feminine touch to this card. Lovely!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Awesome technique, thanks so much for sharing!!

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Beautiful card.love the ribbon and colors.Yummy cupcake.Thanks for the tutorial.

Lorraine said...

EEK I love this! Beautiful coloring of that must-have image and love the color combo, Mary J! Oh and fab ribbon tutorial!

cardmaking bird said...

Ooooooo gorgeous!!!!!! Great tute - I usually do it directly onto the card, never thought of doing it this way - good idea!! Where did you get the teapot/cup/cake paper from, hun? Hugs, Marie xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Now I'm hungry but I leave wiser! Gorgeous card and thank you SO much for the grooviest tutorial ever. I have rolls of that stuff and wow...I'm breaking it out NOW!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin