My lovely Blogger followers!

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Tiffany Doodle's February release!

Please scroll down for my Flutter By Wednesday DT post!


It's time for Tiffany Doodle's new February release!  There are TEN new designs and in addition to that there are new digital die cuts too!  So plenty to choose from this month!  You might want to get a cup of tea as this is a long post to show you my makes and a box tutorial...

My first card is a sympathy one and I hope not to use it any time soon, but always good to have one in stock...


Not sure if pink is the right colour for a sympathy card, but I wanted to keep to the true colours of this gorgeous Desert Rose - and it is bright pink! - and I used the Floral Curls papers again (this one matches the flower so well!).



My second make is an Valentine's card I made for a retired gentlement (for his wife of course!!)...


For this card I used several newbies.  The paper is called Floral Curls and comes in 6 gorgeous colourways, the flowers are called Little Daisy (which I created two sizes with) and the sentiment is from the Rose Heart digi set.



And finally my third project...


I used the new Note Card Open Box template - it was a breeze to quickly cut, score the lines and stick the corners with double sided tape as directed.  I then used my Martha Stewart deep border punch to make the sides higher and simply stuck the ribbon around it.  It took me less than 10 minutes to make it!  I'm going to put Easter Eggs in this cute box - I'm sure it will fit at least 8 Cardbury Creme Eggs!  That's two for Steve and six for me...



Here is quite tutorial on how to make my box.  What you need is a pre-prepared note card open box, a deep edger punch (mine is a Martha Stewart one), cardstock, a ruler, a scoring tool and double sided tape - that's it!

I should now say that I work in metric!  I would prefer to cut one long piece of card, but as I only have 12x12 cardstock, I have to do this in two sections.  So the sides of the longer and shorter length of the box is 14cm and 11cm (click on the piccies below for larger size views), adding up to 25cm.  I then add another centimetre on that will be used to glue the corners together, making the total lenth 26cm.


Height-wise, for my deep edger punch, I measure up the depth of the cardstock by butting the punch against the cardbase (piccie below) and work out how much of the punched edge I want above the base box.  You can't see it well from the photo, but it came to 6cm. 






So, I cut two pieces of white cardstock each measuring 26cm x 6cm.  I then turn the cardstock so the inside is facing me and score at 14cm and 25cm, as shown below...



On the 1cm edges, I trim the lattice off the top of the border as these won't butt up neatly when you stick these two pieces of cardstock together.  I use double sided sticky tape for this.

 
Before I stick the edges together, I add double sided tape along the bottom of each strip.  I then stick the corners together.  Next I take the cover off the rest of the sticky tape and carefully place it in the box base...


Et voila!  Now all you need to do is decorate it.  I just added a ruffled ribbon, but I have other ideas for this prepared box - but you'll have to come back in a couple of weeks to see this one finished off!

Okay, that is it from me - thank you for your patience!!  You can go straight to the store here to put these in your basket ;) and see more gorgeous makes with this beautiful new release over at the Tiffany's Doodles blog!


I am entering my projects into the following challenges:
 

    13 comments:

    Amanda R said...

    Gosh, you have been busy! Love the new romantic feminine images you used, they still have your touch with the great color schemes but so very pretty!

    Hanneke said...

    Wow, so many great creations! Love all the flowers and colors you used. That basket is great for easter eggs! Hugs, Hanneke

    Sandy said...

    3 wonderful projects, I love the bright pink for the sympathy card, very uplifting and the image is gorgeous against that textured card. Glad to see you can share "equally"??? with your Easter Goodies, LOL.
    Sandy

    Creations by Shirl said...

    Oh my Mary~
    I'm starring at all of them and everyone is just so so pretty...Great flower images and that basket looks awesome for Easter or for any occasion too.... Thanks for sharing the tutorial on how you did it I really don't think I have a wide border punch like you used though....
    You get one big big hug from me......

    Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

    Gorgeous cards, love the cheerful colours on the sympathy card, I don't think they need to be gloomy. Beautiful sentiment and subtle tones on the second and your Easter project is just awesome! I wish I had the patience to try something like that.

    heidy said...

    Youve been busy Mary J,love the style of those cards,it's different but beautiful!
    XXX Heidy

    Jessica Griffin said...

    Mary, your work is STUNNING!! I just love it!!

    Chrissy said...

    Two gorgeous cards Mary...not too pink, just right, and love the sentiment with the daisies, very pretty cards...and fabulous tutorial..my, my, even I could follow that...I dont follow well you know, but that I get...and I think that is a very fair distribution of the cream eggs...very fair, as you dont want Steve to get fat....right?

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Lisa Jane said...

    oh wow Mary - i am loving these cards .. they are so pretty .. especially those daisies . and what's this is spy .. a 3D project .. wowee... and i think you got the maths wrong.. that would be one egg for you.. once for Steve .. and then 6 for me!!
    Lisa x

    Fabiola said...

    hou la la mais tout plein de jolies choses chez toi, quels beaux projets, tout est superbe, biz

    Kathleen said...

    The papers are lovely and so is everything else on this post. The egg box is especially great.

    Kath x

    Anonymous said...

    Wow, an abundance of creativeness here Mary, love the beautiful images and fabulous box, thanks for the tutorial!
    Helen x

    coops said...

    wow these are fabulous mary.your cards are so elegant and i love your sweet box :D

    xx coops xx

    LinkWithin

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin