My lovely Blogger followers!

Thursday 28 April 2011

A sweet wish

It's Thursday which means I have a card to show off some of my current faves from Quixotic Paperie!  Now, don't fall over but my make today does NOT use a stamp!  I know, what was I thinking?!!  But I fell in love with this cupcake die by Marianne D Creatables - it really is super sweet, huh?!

 
 


Of course when I think of cupcakes I normally think of birthdays but actually I'm finding it is really versatile by using "sweet" - sweet wishes, sweet friend, thanks for being sweet, you are too sweet - see what I mean?!  I'm gonna get a lot of use out of this!  I teamed my cupcake up with paper from the Echo Park Little Girl collection kit - I haven't got much of this left  :(  so must try to make it last longer!  You can't see it in the photo, but I also used my transparent Viva Decor gloss pen on the pink cherry to help make it POP!

That's it from me today - see you later with my By LoRi Designs DT card!

I based my card on the sketch over at Mojo Mondays and I am also entering my card into the Totally Stampalicious challenge for their yummy challenge and Simon Says Stamp for anything goes.use



Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock,
Stamps: Pink Petticoat digi 
sentiment, My Favorite Things sentiment inside card
Mediums: none
Accents: ribbon from stash
Tools: Nestabilities and Grand Nestabilitie dies, Fiskars border punch

25 comments:

Sally said...

What were you thinking! No stamped image....I love it though. I feel if I dont have a stamped image I have cheated in the making of the card....lol what are we like. Love the cupcake die and the papers are gorgeous. How did you make the circle for the card base as I have seen lots of these but not sure how to even begin. Anyway enough rambling best go and do some work. Hugs Sally xxx (hope the postman arrives for you :)

Seafield Jo said...

This is a super card Mary J, the Marianne die looks great. Hope it's sunny where you are today. Jo x

heidy said...

Wow,what a beauty Mary J
Hugs Heidy

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! card Mary, love the shape and colours! Saw this die the other day, wish I'd bought it now!
Helen x

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Yummy! Delicious card Mary. I love how the frosting matches the bow.

Highland Handmade said...

Oooh how cute! love the papers you have used, and thecard is so pretty! xxx

Unknown said...

wow.. Love love love this hunni..it looks so yummy!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE this...great colors and patterns!

Michelle said...

OH my goodness Mary J, no stamp!! What a fabulous die though and so versatile.

You always seem to have just the perfect paper for the job too!

Michelle :-)

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, so yummy! :)

Beth said...

This card is gorgeous, I love the pp's and the cupcake looks so yummy.
Beth xx

Anita said...

Love it Mary J. That cupcake is so cute (I think I need you ... you are such an enabler lol) and I love the brightly colored pp.

A Consuming Passion said...

Super sweet Mary J .....glad to see you over my place too!

Crystal said...

I LOVE THIS!!! This is sooo fabulous, love circle easels but this paper is AWESOME...such fabulous colors and LOVE that cupcake die!!!!!! Gorgeous work hun!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Oooooo, is this ever CUTE! Great mix of papers and patterns and sweet colors!

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow Mary J i love it !! I think i NEED it too lol
LOve those cupcake papers and the round design.. suitable for loads if occasions
Lisa x

Unknown said...

wow this is awesome, what a super fun die, and super colourful card, love the papers and shape. It's a yippeee fun card, I love it :) Xxx

Fabiola said...

oh j'en croquerais bien un petit bout moi! biz

Kathleen said...

I have tried doing circle cards but they never seem to work right, this is perfect. love it. Great papers and great die.

Kath x

Linby said...

Great card-I just bought this die too - thanks for the inspiration.
Linbyx

Unknown said...

This card is pretty and in fact would also be perfect for the current challenge over at Papercraft Star... I hope you join us there!
http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2011/04/challenge-43-is-now-open_27.html

Sue U said...

LOL!! No stamped image... I think I need a lie down!! I can see why you liked this die though! Great colours and love the cupcake paper too

Sue xx

Julie said...

Super sweet! Thanks for playing along with Totally Stampalicious this week!

cebelica said...

Yummy for the tummy! Another wonderful card! Hugs!

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous, cupcake card.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin