My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 22 February 2011

A Spoonful of Sugar celebrates birthdays!

Hello everyone!  I hope your week has got off to a good start!  A bit rainy and grey as usual in the UK so my 2 hour commute into London has been more dull than usual!  Hey ho, what ya gonna do?! 

Enough waffle!  Here is my DT card for this week's A Spoonful of Sugar challenge with the theme of "birthday wishes" - a nice easy one to get your stocks levels of these up!  I decided to go all sweet and whimsey and use a Lili of the Valley stamp...

 

Isn't he cute?!  I first coloured him in a lighter brown colour but it was far too wish-washy with this layout so I decided to be brave and go for a grey - still not convinced if it was the right way to go, but Steve seemed to like it so it stays!  [[For now!]]  I love those lickle, ickle iridescent pearls - tooo sweet!  I got mine from Bunny Zoe's Crafts here)


The rest of the DT cards are their usual very high standard and you can see them all here on the challenge blog.  That's it from me today - have a lovely day!

I am entering this card into the Waltzing Mouse sketch challenge.






Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, Memory Box Pixie paper pack (you can buy here from Quixotic Paperie)
Stamps: Lili of the Valley Balloon Bunny, Pink Petticoat sentiment
Mediums: water colouring with Distress Inks
Accents: Angel White 3mm iridescent pearls
Tools: My Favorite Things doily die (you can buy from Dies to Die For here), Stampin' Up window label punch
    

14 comments:

cebelica said...

Cute card! I love the colours and the cute bunny.

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Mary .. i agree with Steve .. the bunny looks fab that colour and what a gorgeous doily
Lisa ;)

Nikbee said...

A lovely card. Such a cute bunny.

Nikki x

pinky said...

Its so cute Mary, I love that doily die!!

Fabiola said...

si simple et si craquante! biz

Pauline said...

Gorgeous, so so sweet! Love the colouring too.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is just adorable. Such an adorable little creature and he looks so precious on that beautiful doily die cut. Well done!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So cute! I love how you've coloured the bunny.

We have 2 feet of snow and -23 celcius so I'd love a bit of grey and rainy :-)

Anonymous said...

Really sweet card Mary, love the image and fab doily!
Helen x

Lorraine said...

Oh your card is beautiful and that bunny is sooooo cute! I think his color makes him pop off your card!

Highland Handmade said...

Awwwww what a cute card, love the bunny! xx

Clare said...

so sweet, love the colors! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!!

Leah Killian said...

This is darling! What a sweet bunny!

Julia Aston said...

Oh my - I just love this sweet little bunny! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin