My lovely Blogger followers!

Sunday 12 September 2010

Am I bugging you?!

It seems like everyone around me are dropping like flies. Not dead like, but with a bug! Now autumn is truly kicking in here in the UK, I thought I should prepare some get well soon cards so I'm not rushing about at the last minute!


I got my inspiration from the Quixotic challenge blog "move it, move it" and Raise the Bar challenge to use orange, brown and green (kraft is a kinda brown, isn't it?!!). I've wanted to create a shaker for aaaages so it was a good excuse for me to do it a long last! It was a bit fiddly but I managed it after a few tries! Now off to make a few more...

Paper/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, Doodlebug papers
Stamps: CC Designs get well soon stamp set (can't remember it's original name, sorry!)
Mediums: Copic markers
Accents: ric rac ribbon and beads from stash
Tools: Nestabilities rectangle die, Martha Stewart border punch, a very sharp craft knife!

20 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Mary,

Oh, what a fun card this is! You would feel better instantly when you receive this card, I'm sure! Love the idea of a bottle with the medicine and what a cute little bug this is!! Perfect card!!

Hugs, Wendy

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

So cute! The coloring is wonderful! Love the great color combo too!
:) Rachel

Unknown said...

Hi Mary, Fab card hunny. Love the use of your die's! Thank you for joining us again this week at Quixotic. TFS
love emma xxx

cowboydutrem said...

I love this card! So funny! I'm sure it can make smile even someone who's sick!

Lisa Jane said...

OH Mary - love it! Its so much fun.. it would cheer me up if i was feeling under the weather .. you are a clever clogs
Lisa ;)

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

LOL! This is so funny! And I love the medicine. What a fab card.

Whimsey said...

What a great card; love the 3D look of the jar; fabby colors too!

pinky said...

Mary its absolutely brilliant, love shaker cards, have one to do today myself. This will certainly cheer any one who is feeling under the weather.
Pinky

Hayley @ funkyfarmscrapbookbarn.co.uk said...

This is brilliant!!!! So clever and I would sit there for ages shaking it! I'm sure that would cheer up anyone that was feeling poorly (or not lol!)
x

Kerry said...

I love shaker cards Mary...I hope this one was quicker than mine lol. The colours alone would cheer anyone in their sickbed! xx

Karen Motz said...

This is THE cutest get well card I've ever seen! It's sure to bring a smile to someone's face and help them feel better!!!

Pami said...

Hi Mary, I just want to agree with what everyone else has said! A fun, fun card! Thank you so much for your comments on my blog today, always great advice and always right!! Take care, Pami x

Sue U said...

LOL, that image is great, nearly worth being poorly just to get it :-)

Sue

Anita said...

Oh, I adore your card. It is so cute. That little bug would make anyone feel better.

Cindy Haffner said...

Mary just the CUTEST!!!!

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute card!

Highland Handmade said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the card xx

Anonymous said...

Mary, this is adorable! super, super cute and anyone would love to get this and feel better immediately!
Pam Going Postal

Unknown said...

Fabulous card...great image! Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar this week.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin