My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Having a fin-tastic day!

I know I shouldn't go on about the British weather (but it is a British hobbie, you know), but it looks like our summer is over. What a miserable, rainy, grey day! Luckily, there are two challenges that gave me an excuse to make cards that cheered me up!

This first one is the Quixotic #35 challenge "Life's a beach" - aren't those papers just gorgeous! I've had them for a couple of years and not used them. They always make me think of wavy underwater, so perfect for all those mermaid stamps at the moment! I shaped the mermaid and seal to give them some movement - it's a neat trick!


The second card is for this week's Crazy 4 Challenge to include a cupcake - yum! I used this week's Card Patterns' sketch #76 and All That Scraps colour challenge to use aqua, brown and kraft...

Hope to see you tomorrow! And I hope to see some sun!

Mermaid card
Papers/cardstock: Bazzill kraft and blue cardstock
Stamps: CC Designs Sweet November Shimmer Redkelp, seal from C.C.Designs Sweet November Treasure Tempestwind, Kraftin' Kimmie sentiment
Mediums: Copic Ciaos, Liquid Pearls (on earring and belt)
Accents: ribbon from stash, pewter flat backed pearls, jute ribbon
Tools: Nestabilities oval dies, Martha Stewart wave border punch


Cupcake card
Papers/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock
Stamps: TGF sentiment, C.C.Fairytales Cupcake Belle
Mediums: Copic Ciaos, Glamour Dust
Accents: BasicGrey buttons
Tools: Xcut border system punch, Nellie's die frame

7 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Mary - wow these are two fabulous cards. I love the mermaid.. but love the little seal even more! Its so cute and that technique re shaping the image is a great one.
I knew my tale about mowing the lawn would tickle you.. i am still shaking my head in disbelief!
As for the photo of the beach Huts .. i took it on my mobile phone !! Never had any lessons.. just luck i think.
I am camping at the weekend at the VW festival so fingers crossed it will remain dry at least!
Hope you are well
Lisa ;)

Anneke said...

Ooh, these cards are wonderful!
Hugs Anneke

Cindy Haffner said...

Both are GORGEOUS!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

These are stunning! I love those gorgeous papers and Amy's mermaid stamps with their little frieds are so adorable. On the second card the sentiment is just perfect for that sweet image.

Unknown said...

hiya hunny, Long time no see! Your card is utterly stunning! You really bring these CC mermaids to life. hope you are ok hunny, catch up soon

Thanks for joining us at Quixotic this week

love emma xxx

Kerry said...

Love the mermaid card Mary...the pp is perfect for the image...see you DID need that paper lol!

xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous, Mary! LOVE that pp and your coloring is wonderful!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin