My lovely Blogger followers!

Monday 21 June 2010

Oh arrh matey

That's enough, I'm not even going to attempt to to write in pirate speak! My lovely blog mate, Nikki, and provider of [far too much] stash gave me a free gift recently - the very cute Magnolia Pirate Tilda. And then, coincidently, this week's Simon Says challenge is 'pirates'. So I just had to make a card, didn't I?! I went for a distressed look, which I rarely do and I think I went a bit mad with the fab Tim Holtz paper distresser...!


I wasn't sure what I would use a pirate image for, but that CC Designs sentiment from the new Summer sentiment set is just perfect - I seem to be always thanking someone for something!


Papers/cardstock: Elzybells kraft cardstock (bit darker than Bazzill's kraft), DCWV travel stack
Stamps: Magnolia Fairytale Pirate Tilda (from Bunny Zoe's Crafts
here), CC Designs sentiment
Mediums: Copic Ciaos, Distress ink in Antique Linen
Accents: buttons from stash, garden string, jute ribbon in light brown (from Bunny Zoe's Crafts
here)
Tools: Corner Chomper, Tim Holtz paper distresser (from Craft Barn
here)

14 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

HI Mary... yes i am a right soppy thing!
I love these Pirate images - and yours is coloured beautifully with a fab distres job!I love that map!
Hope you are well
Lisa ;)

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh Mary this is so FUN!!

chris said...

Hello me hearty!
this is fabulous, brilliant, exceptional.
hugs chris xx

Nana Diana said...

Hi Mary, this is just fabulous!! It is so perfectly antique-ish and rustic and all those qualities that make it an awesome pirate card. Love the pirate Tilda you used too!!

Carly said...

Oh my gosh Mary this is AMAZING!! Wow! All the details are so fabulous and how creative!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful, Mary! Love the map and the sentiment is perfect for the fabulous image!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! I love the distressed look, the map background and the ribbons and the buttons. The whole card is just awesome!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Silli said...

This is so very pretty, love the cute image and the colors... so pretty!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love this Tilda image and the papers,map and embellies are fab :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols and the DT x x

Anonymous said...

oh she does look important! trying to take over as captain of the ship! lol Wonderful, creative card Mary! Love it!
Pam Going Postal

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

That map looks stunning! I love the twine you used at the bottom too - so fitting for the theme!

Thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Martine said...

LOVE your card darlin, such a fab Tilda image which has been coloured wonderfully, i love the map you have used on your card too, and the embellies are all fab :) :)

xx
Martine

Nikki Fairbairn said...

It's great to see you used the stamp Mary :-) Tilda looks fabulous and I love the map and the added texture. Hugs, Nikki x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin