My lovely Blogger followers!

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Father's Day card

Thank goodness for all those challenges out there encouraging you to make a man's card this week! I've still got my own dad's to do, but at least I've managed to make my father-in-law, Bill's....


My in-laws owned Labradors but their last one died a few years back. I know Bill misses them and now they love it when we bring up our two Yellow Labradors for him to cuddle and lord over, lol!! I thought The Greeting Farm dog image looked suitably cute enough to melt his heart!


As you can see, I'm keeping up my resolve to improve the inside of my cards. I could never be bothered before, but it only takes a couple of minutes more to cut and glue in a few left over scraps and I've now got a stock of various Nestability labels that are perfect to stamp on the sentiment on. Much more professional!

I am entering this card into three challenges Club Anya Saturday Sketch #22, Totally Gorjuss For the Boys, Anyone for Anya Only Men Allowed and Cupcake Craft Challenges One for the Boys. Phew! I don't think I've entered so many challenges in one go!

Now to make my own daddy's card...


Papers/cardstock: white hammered cardstock, DCWV Pet Stack
Stamps: TGF Home Sweet Home, CC Designs sentiments
Mediums: Copic Ciaos
Accents: BasicGrey and My Minds Eye buttons
Tools: Nestabilities circle dies and Label One die

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

wow i love it Mary , and so will our FIL.
The litle doggy is so cute and i agree the insides do look more professional decorated .. will ahve to start myself. Well done entering so many challenges ... i think its a winner lol
Lisa ;)

Unknown said...

hello my sweetie, thank you so much for the lovely compliment. It was infact your card for the last Embellish challenge that prompted me into entering this weeks. so thank you hunny. You always inspire me to want to try out new things, one recently was the gorgeous big brad flower, stunning...
what a perfect card for your FIL, the image is so cute and the papers are gorgeous
love emma xxx

Unknown said...

So sweet, Mary! Your FIL will love this!!

CraftyC said...

Your card is so sweet Mary, a lovely image. I also own a Labrador!
Clairex

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is so adorable, Mary! I love it! The papers are cute and the image is so sweet.

chris said...

Hi Mary
what a stunner, and so gorgeous, I'm sure fil will love it.
hugs chris xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohhh what SWEETNESS!!

Silli said...

Sooo very cute dear Mary...love the papers and the image! sweet!

Shelly said...

Wow your card is adorable... love the image and matching papers! I know it's a dog but it reminds me of my cat and his 'baby'! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week! Hugs Shelly ;)

Anonymous said...

super cute Mary! love the image and these papers!
Pam Going Postal

Julie said...

A very cute card. Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin