My lovely Blogger followers!

Saturday 13 March 2010

Wedding stationery - photographed at last!

Some of you may remember that I mocked up some sample cards for my cousin's wedding (this post). Well, she chose one (thank goodness!) and I've now made wedding invites (for the ceremony in Mauritius), reception party invites (back in England a month after the wedding) and thank you cards (for all the pressies!). I made over 200 cards! (Patting myself on the head.)

So here they are...





As you can see, I alternated the colours so there's a bit of variety! The colours are to go with the bridesmaid dresses - they chose these hot colours as the ceremony is being held in Mauritius. They are quite plain, but I clear embossed flourishes across the text to keep it interesting. It also helped with the "dewy" look with the dew drops - thought it gave a more tropical feel rather than using buttons.
Now my time is freed up to do some new creating!!




Papers/cardstock: ultra-white pearlescent cardstock and papr (for inserts) from Paper Mill Direct (
here and here), Bazzill Tink Pink and Core'dinations orange cardstock
Mediums: detail clear embossing powder, Versacolour Opera Pink
Stamps: Hampton Art J Melvin Calligraphy alphabet set, Autumn Leaves Flourishes v2
Accents: Beresford Super Sheer Organza ribbon in shocking pink and orange, clear dew drops
Tools: Fiskars Apron Lace border punch, WRMK Corner Chomper, EK Success flower punches in small, medium and large

12 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

these are very pretty, nicely done...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

These are stunning! I love the warm colours on the crisp white background and the embossed swirls are ever so elegant. I'm really happy that I had a small wedding and my DH-to-be did half of our wedding stationary. I could have never done over 200 cards during our relatively short engagement period.

Silli said...

These are very pretty dear Mary, I love the colors, love the lo and love the cute flowers. perfect work. Wish you a happy weekend. Smile and hugs Silke

Unknown said...

wow ! i hope she was impressed with these!!!
when you told me before of the colour combo i was eagerly awaiting to see how it would turn out, well stunning of course......
love emma xxx

Cindy Haffner said...

I love these Mary, awesome colors.

Lisa Jane said...

Wow Wow Wow Wow! Can you feel me patting you on the head too ( ouch!)
What a fabulous job you have done - they will be so pleased with them. The colours are beautifu; - i bet the bridesmaid dresses are gorgeous.
On a more selfish note i am glad you have got them finished so that i get my blogging buddy back! I have missed you.
I hope you are having a rest now - you deserve it. Can't wait to see your forthcoming creations.
I have some more good news to share - but can't just yet! ( i hate keeping secrets!)
I am sure we will meet up one day and we will have such a laugh ... Have a great weekend , congratulations on a job well done!
Lisa ;) xx

Jenny said...

Very cool wedding invites and thank you cards! Hope she likes them. Very pretty color combos!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me sweet comments on my cards!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Mary! I love the clean and crisp designs and the clear embossing makes it all so elegant!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful Mary! Very striking and I can tell your attention to detail is outstanding! Love the embossed flourish and how you did the punching! Our middle daughter had a red, orange and raspberry with a splash of purple wedding. It was outdoors with wild flowers...so pretty against the green grass background. wow, 200 is a lot! Glad it was you and not me! lol
Pam Going Postal

Carly said...

Gorgeous!! Stunning!! Love them! I just sent you an email about them! Hugs, Carly

Stamp and Smile said...

Mary.... these are amazing! Love the embossed flourishes to tie in the dew drops. She will love them... and your time was truly a gift from the heart! TFS... :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin