My lovely Blogger followers!

Sunday 21 March 2010

Spring is in the air - at last!

Well, the first day of Spring wasn't looking too good here in East Sussex, England. I woke up (by the puppy again before 6am - why does she only do this on the weekend?!!) and it was miserable - raining, windy, grey. Typical British weather. But now - lunchtime - the sun is out, the wind has died down and I'm feeling in a good, good mood! So much so that I went and made a card to celebrate! Here it is...






I used the sketch over at Pretty In Ink - perfect for what I wanted! I chose these papers because it reminds me of when I visit my parents in Spring - they have a gorgeous cherry tree in their front garden and the blossoms always make me feel serene (instead of manic and a bit hyper if I'm a bit honest...).

And I'm also entering it for the following challenges...

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C29 - a Spring card
Secret Crafter Saturday challenge #75 - Spring has sprung
By the Cute and Girly March challenge - Spring is in the air

Whew! I always feel a bit of a cheat to enter one card into more than one challenge, but everyone seems to be doing it!



Papers/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, BasicGrey Lilykate paper pack
Mediums: Memento brown ink
Stamps: Woodware Tiny Phrases sentiment
Accents: iridescent pearls, Papermania sheer ribbon
Tools: Quickutz butterfly die

18 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's really beautiful Mary J! I love the gorgeous mix of those fabulous papers! They are so pretty!
and your butterflies are beautiful too! I love the dimension that you have added to them!
Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge!
Hugs
Nicola

Unknown said...

So soft and springy, Mary!! Just love the beautiful butterflies!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous card! It's raining here too...sigh, lol.

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Mary - sorry its been miserable there today its been lovely here really warm and sunny!! Which aint bad for the North!
I love your card - spring is my favourite time of year and it just reminds me of the blossom on the cherry trees - what a shame its always so windy and blows it all off !
I love the butterflies risen off the card - and boy have i got just the thing for those wings !! I got them at the show today they are called Silkies - they look like little bottles of nail varnish and they are pearlescent - the techniques and effects that you can get are wonderful. Also got some Martha Stewart Punches which were a bargain and other bits and pieces - had a great day... no doubt will post about it later.
Anyway - back to your card - its beautiful and really pretty. And you aren't cheating at all entering into more than one challenge - everyone else seems to do it!
Great to see you have entered the BTC&G challenge - hope you will be there next month for my first stint lol
Have made a bit of a boob with my blog candy - so have decided to offer more this week . ( i didn't really make it clear when it ended !! DOH ) for amyone who entered the CS challenge either lastw eek or this !! That'll teach me to get it right!!
Hope you are having a good evening
Lisa ;)

Amy said...

Such a soft and pretty card, love the spring time feel of it! We had a beautiful day yesterday, but today is starting out grey and overcast too!

Silli said...

Happy spring dear Mary, your card is fabby...LOVE the image and the cute bees.... Hugs Silke

Zimtschnecke said...

Wow, such a gorgeous card! Love the butterflies so much! Fantastic work! ;-)

hugs Zimtschnecke

pinky said...

Gorgeous colours and the papers are very beautiful. Just loving the image and the lovely butterflies/bees lol. Thanks for playing along at BTC&G
Pinky

Abounding Treasures said...

What a gorgeous card!!! I just love it :o)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your card is so pretty Mary and the papers are gorgeous! So hoping we get some more nice weather this week. Have a good one! Hugs, Nikki x

Puddle Jumpers Studio said...

OH MY GOSH! This card is so beautiful I don't know where to begin. WOW, I love, adore the papers and the images. It is stunning Mary, just stunning. I would frame it.
Good luck, although I know you won't need it.

Denise Marzec said...

This is SOOOOOO beautiful!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh my goodness, this is just absolutely gorgeous!! Definitely a winner in ALL those challenges!! :)

Melody said...

This so pretty! It really looks like spring!

I just realized you live in England. I have a sister who lives in London and I have a daughter who is studying aboard in Prague.

Lisa Jane said...

I know i know - i am useless .lol - but still it gives everyone a second chance! i also published a post by mistake that i have scheduled for Weds night. So then had to remove it.
I am trying to do too many things at once as i have a very busy few days ( supposed to be working now lol - but popped home for lunch!)
Hope you are having a great day
Lisa ;)

Lisa Jane said...

I'm back ! Told you i am not with it ! Humour me - whats a prisoner exchange? i don't get out much lol..... whatever it is it sounds good to me!
Lisa ;)
Right back to work

Jenny said...

What a great spring card Mary!! Creative idea with the butterflies!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is stunning Mary! I love the Asian atmosphere with the cherry trees.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin