My lovely Blogger followers!

Thursday 18 March 2010

Spring is in the air! And give me a pat on the head please...

Hello Everyone! I was browsing through my favourite blogs (I do far too much of that!) and thought "hey, that looks like my card" - and it was! I was chosen as one of Embellish Magazine's featured designers here. Well, talk about chuffed - I nearly fell of my chair - it's always so great to have others recognise your work. And that card took me aaaages!

Anyway, I'm sure you're not here to hear my head gently swell. My latest card is for this week's Anyone For Anya challenge Spring Fever theme. When the sun starts peeking through in March, I start thinking about spring cleaning - yes, really! I move all of my winter clothes into the spare bedroom and all of my summer stuff into the bedroom, as well a general mass cleaning! This HG Laundry stamp from The Greeting Farm was perfect for it...



I am also entering this card for Crafty Sentiments challenge here where my lovely, lovely virtual friend Lisa Jane is on the design team. Go visit her blog - she always leaves me giggling (my husband now raises his eyebrows and says "Lisa, right?"). You had to use the following sketch and two different design papers...




I'm not sure if I like this card. I think something is missing, but I don't know what! Any advice most welcome!
Papers/cardstock: Core'dinations blue and red cardstock, DCWV paper stack
Mediums: Primsacolor pencils, Sansador
Stamps: TGF Anya, Personal Impressions Essential Circles sentiment
Accents: flowers from stash
Tools: Nestabilities scallop square die, sewing machine

14 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Hi there Mary J - and Hubbie! Its me! What a fab card - and thank you so much for supporting me and entering the challenge - and my blog candy! ( you're just after that choccie , i know!)
I am not sure there is anything missing ( on the card i mean!) - but what about a wooden clothes peg!- or little pairs of knickers on a washing line ( or Bridget Jones' in my case!)
But i think your card is lovely as it is ... and do you know there are 3 other challenges you could enter - One stop craft - spots and dots, Creative Card crew - going dotty, and Crafty Creations - spots and dots . It would be a shame not to enter your fab card .I just love this little image. And if she was a little chubbier that would be me tomrrow lol- with all this sunshine i have been loking for washing .. i just love it when we can start haniing out again ( weird or what?)
Hope you have had a great day . I bought a car at tea time!!!
Lisa;)
ps , its only lisa in real ife -but i use Lisa Jane in bloglabnd as there seems to be a lot of Lisa's around - but i usually answer to anything

Lisa Jane said...

hey .. me again... how rude am i? forgot to give you that big Pat on the head!! Well done - you deserve it .
Lisa ;)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Mary J,
I love this card with it's bright colours and fabulous image. I love your take on the sketch. Thank you for joining in the fun at Crafty Sentiments this week and all the best in the challenge.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Raven B said...

Super cute card! I love it. She is so darling and the sketch is great.
Hugs,
Raven

Unknown said...

This is just darling, Mary!! Congrats on being featured ~ I LOVED that creation!! HUGS!

Monique said...

I love your little story on how you were featured...congratulations!!! I chuckled when u fell off the chair and I could feel your excitement..Your card is just adorable I just love her sit-tin on top of a pile of laundry :) ~hugs~

Julie said...

A lovely card, beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Congratulations and a pat! I love this card! The splash of red is just perfect (as long as it doesn't mix with your whites and turn everything pink). When you're done could you come over and spring clean my house as well? Some four legged hairy creature has left nose marks on all my windows...

Puddle Jumpers Studio said...

perfect the way it is and CONGRATS dear! I would have fallen over as well.
It is wonderful.
Now you did have to mention spring cleaning didn't you. UGH. I am not looking forward to that.
Have a great weekend :)

Suzette said...

Fab card Mary J, the colours and and that Anya image is lovely, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

Suzette x

Silli said...

Hello Mary, your card is so cute, I love the sweet image and the colors, the papers are fab!!!! I have not a template for my box...but I can post a tutorial...ASAP...;-) Hugs and happy day!

pinky said...

Mary this card is just gorgeous, the papers actually look like fabric which is perfect for your washday look. Thanks so much for playing along at Crafty Sentiments. Hugs
pinky

Jenny said...

Very cute card Mary!! Nice coloring job!! A big CONGRATS on being featured!!

Nana Diana said...

Such a sweet card, love the image! A great layout too. And huge congrats on having your card featured, that's awesome! Now you're really famous!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin