My lovely Blogger followers!

Sunday 21 February 2010

Happy birthday to .... who?!!

Have you tried the Embellish Magazine Color challenge yet? You have to use pink, blue, green and brown with a birthday theme. Goodness, I found it really, really hard! I've been mulling for days what to do and then I was browsing Cath's Moxie Fab World and she has a challenge to use floss - ping! A light bulb went off in my head and I immediately thought of this design...







I'm still not convinced I colour combination! But it was a good opportunity to use a couple of fav techniques - embossing the spots on the banner, using my Scor Pal to emboss the lines on the brown card and using the floss (of course!).

That ribbon does actually match the pink cardstock really well, but the photo makes it much lighter. I chose that sentiment because it's in a wave which I thought would go well with the banner (flying the breeze an' all that!). I do like this design and think it would look great with sorbet or pastel colours.

Anyhoo, not in a very good mood at the moment - got another very busy week at work that I'm dreading. It's very unlike me - I'm one of those people who usually get on people's nerves for being so upbeat all the time! No doubt I will find my mojo soon! ;)


Papers/cardstock: Bazzill cardstock
Stamps: Hero Arts background dot stamp, Hero Arts Wavy Wishes
Accents: American Crafts ribbon, Bazzill floss
Tools: Woodware triangle punch, Fiskars Apron border punch, Scor Pal


20 comments:

Rae said...

Love your take on this challenge, Mary! You definitely "pulled it off". You card is great!
(looks like all that pondering paid off!) ;)

Rae said...

P.S. I really like your (card) style! :D

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Well the final result would never reveal that you found it difficult!! It's a perfect birthday card, and you brought those colours together beautifully!

Heather P. said...

Oh I LOVE this! What a totally fun, cheerful card, and that ribbon is gorgeous!

Nana Diana said...

Hi Mary, I love what you did with this card, so clever, I sure would never have thought of that. It's not too bad at all over here, 2C today and no snow around, but apparently we may get some overnight. Just got back from spending 3 days at my DD Kraftin' Kimmie's, cutting rubber and packaging. We had fun though!! Give Lulu and Poppy a hug and a scratch for me. Diana

Kim Wilson said...

What a great card! I had a hard time with the colors too :) I am following your blog now and feel free to follow mine if you are interested! You have some lovely cards!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! Gorgeous and fun take on a very challenging challenge.

Lisa Jane said...

A great card - a lot of thought went into it and it shows. I tend to be a lot more impulsive lol
Hope your day at work goes well - and i am sure you don't get on peoples nerves !! - whats wrong with being upbeat- it brightens up peoples day.
I am off work today - caught my daughters sickness bug , so when i am not dashing to the bathroom i will hopefully create something ! Everything has a silver lining - you just have to look for it lol ! ( they taught me that on a stress and anxiety workshop !!!!!!)
Hope your dayw asn't as bad as you thought
Lisa ;)

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Wow! It turned out just fabulous!
Love the cute banner and I think that the colour combo looks great! very striking!

Silli said...

Such a sweet card, I love the colors and the cute ribbon...Very pretty, thanks for the inspiration...Big hugs!

Ashley Lydia Durand said...

This came out great ! couldnt tell you had a hard time at alll!!!! Anyway Hope your back to your cheery self =)
Hugz
Ashley

papertrails leaver said...

what a cute card! I like the pennant!

Lea L. said...

This is fabulous! I love the polka dot banner, and that fabulous ribbon!!

♥♥♥Lea

Angie Tieman said...

Wow!! This is awesome!! The perfect mix of the colors!

Stamp and Smile said...

Fabulous card!! Super idea and so well done... you inspire me and I sure can use it... LOL! Have a great evening! TFS... :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Mary! Thanks for entering the Fun with Floss Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Jill said...

Okay! This is adorable--great job!

Mariana Grigsby said...

So pretty! Thank you for participating in the Embellish Challenge!

Alicia said...

Such a lovely card! Congrats on your Embellish mention!

Rose said...

What a sweet card! That ribbon and banner is just precious :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin