My lovely Blogger followers!

Thursday 5 November 2009

JUGS Wild Card Challenge

OMG, I found this challenge really hard! I've never used a photo before on my cards and it took me aaages to come up with a design. But, whew, I did it!



This is a photo of my baby, Poppy, taken last Xmas. Isn't she gorgeous?!!! I love my baby! Those reindeer horns were a little tight but she eventually stopped trying to knock it off (with lots of help with treats) and kept it on for 2 minutes while I quickly took the photo! She is sooo tolerant!!

Did you notice the droopy dew drop in the top right corner?! Luckily it hadn't dried fully so I managed to straighten it up, whew! And another non-square card!

A big thank you to the wonderful Kristin who set this week's wild card challenge (and if you join in, you'll get an early Xmas pressie!). I'm so glad I did it because I know my parents are going to luuurve this card of their "granddaughter"! Now to make a replica for my in-laws...


Cardstock: Bazzill cardstock, BasicGrey Figgy
Stamps: Hero Arts Holiday Tags (Ho Ho Ho sentiment)
Mediums: white gel pen, Memento black ink, Stickles Star Dust
Accents: ribbon from stash, BasicGrey button, Dew Drops, Maya Road chipboard snowflake
Tools: Spellbinders
Polka Dot Frame

7 comments:

Just Us Girls said...

Mary this is SO adorable. What a CUTE pup with the reindeer horns LOL. Your intended recipients will LOVE it I'm sure. I'm glad you pushed yourself to try something brand new - even if it took time - you DID IT!!! Yippee. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls! Be sure to email for your digi image gift.
~Stampin Pam

Andrea M said...

I love the picture of your baby!!!! Fantastic card - gorgeous layout!!! Great take on the challenge.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such an adorable Christmas card! I love how you showcased your dog sporting his antlers! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls! I hope you join us Saturday for a fun sketch challenge!

Just Us Girls said...

Mary, I'm so glad you stuck with it because it totally paid off! This turned out absolutely adorable! Poppy helps with that of course ;] I LOVE those antlers!! It's amazing how treats work wonders when you bribe or distract your pet, huh? We're dog lovers too, can you tell?

I love all of the elements of your card. The way you framed the photo is AWESOME and that patterned paper is so fun and perfect for your card! OH, and that big snowflake and the gingham ribbon are the perfect embellishments! LOVE how this turned out and I'm sure your parents and in-laws will too!

Thank you so much for playing along with Just Us Girls again this week! I so hope you come back on Ssaturday for a fun sketch challenge hosted by Maria!!

I'll send your free digi images shortly. Please let me know if you use them, I would love to see what you come up with!

Kristin

Sparkplug17 said...

Very cute! Your dog is just precious.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so cute!!

Meahni Pieterse said...

This is gorgeous, but that photo is just SO cute. I could just squeeze her for hours on end, lol!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin