My lovely Blogger followers!

Saturday 31 October 2009

Cup Cake Tilley - my version!

Hello all! Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend. I've spent my Saturday sanding walls down in readiness for paint next week - I can't tell you how tired I am now!!! I feel very "muscley" - my upper arms feel like they are bulging! Sexy.

Anyway, you might remember an entry last week with the free Cup Cake Tilley download on Wendy's Digital Doodling blog. I've now created my card and here it is...



It's a very feminine image and I knew straight away what paper to use - Blue Hill by Crate Paper (that I haven't touched since I bought it last year!). To add to the feminine feel, I used ribbon to create the border. I first did a large stitched down one side to scrunch it, but because it was self adhesive ribbon, it kept sticking where I didn't want it to stick! Boy, it was a pain.

I also wanted to machine stitch the paper down, but my Janone mini sewing machine is broken! Sooo annoyed, but luckily it's within its 1 year warranty so that's going back asap! I ended up using a Bazzill template to pierce the border and used Bazzill floss for the back stitch.

Another challenge completed. What shall I choose next?


Papers/cardstock: Bazzill brown cardstock, Crate Paper Blue Hill collection
Mediums: Derwent ColorSoft pencils with Sansodor
Image: Wendy's Cup Cake Tilley
Accents: DCWV ribbon, Bazzill floss
Tools: paper piercer, Bazzill In Stitch'z 8x8 Circle template

10 comments:

Tracey said...

Pretty card, love the stitching & the pleated ribbon :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Lynn Put said...

Adorable! Love the ruffles and your coloring looks great!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card! I love all your stitching.

Melody said...

She is so cute! I love that sweet ruffle!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh this is the cutest.

Silli said...

wow, your card is beautiful, I love the papers...your coloring is perfect!

Wendy M said...

Lovely - thank you for entering the Digital Doodling challenge xx

Mandy said...

Mary this is really gorgeous, the papers are so pretty, your stitching looks fab as does the ribbon.
Thanks for joining us at Digital Doodling
hugs Mandy xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi, love your card the ribbon looks fantastic, thanks for joining us at Digital Doodling,

Hugs Liz xx

Lori said...

I love the stitching! I've been wanting to incorporate that into my cards - maybe soon! Very nice, Mary :D Oh... and congrats on making the top 3!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin