My lovely Blogger followers!

Wednesday 7 October 2009

A birthday card, not a xmas card...

Being of different cultural origins (English, Chinese and Portuguese), I have family dotted all around the world. It's lovely to hear from an Aunt or cousin every now and then to remind me that I can never be truly alone. I'm a lucky girl!

The problem with having family abroad, however, is that I often forget to make and post cards in plenty of time of whatever special occasion it is. And this week is no different! My sister-in-law in Hong Kong has a birthday next week and I literally just remembered today. The postal service takes a week from England to get there. So instead of taking photos of my Xmas cards that I've been promising myself aaallll week, I created a card for her. And THEN I stupidly put it in the letter box before I took a photo - D'OH!

So here instead is a card that is quite similar to it. I made this one for my mother's Mother's Day card but, hey, who would know?! The stamp set, Time for the Bubbly, is quite old now (well, old for the stamp world!) but I still love that image. It conjures up images of me lazing around in a cast iron tub with candles around me, sipping champagne... how indulgent! And something I've never done. Hey ho.




Now must really get those Xmas cards photo'ed and put up on the blog...

Papers/cardstock: various Bazzill cardstock, Laura Ashley Contemporary paper pack
Stamps: My Favorite Things Time for the Bubbly
Mediums: Stickles in Stardust, Copic markers
Accents: ribbon from stash
Tools: scallop scissors, paper pricker

1 comment:

Nana Diana said...

Hi Mary, first of all, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I love this card too, you did a great job, great colour combo and I love your dp! Your cards are great, keep up the good work!! Oh and I love reading your blog as I get such a kick out of your expressions, ones that you never hear over here in Canada, such as 'chuffed'. I'm English (from Cornwall) but have been living in Canada for 41 years.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin