My lovely Blogger followers!

Tuesday 25 August 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 32 - my very first challenge!

Well I did it! I completed my very first challenge and I chose the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 32. I'm so chuffed I did it, it was a lot of fun to do! And I even managed to come up with the design AND create it within 2 hours - I normally spend days thinking about the colours before I even start it! Having someone else provide the design really sped up the process - fabulous! I used Core-dinations green cardstock and distressed it with my BasicGrey file. Anyway, here it is and I hope you like it...



I love the My Minds Eye Bloom & Grow papers - I used the paper pack and of course used my new skill with my mini sewing machine (have I told you already that I'm madly love with stitching on cards?!!). I also love that Greeting Farm owl - sink into those eyes! The photo doesn't show it but I used a silver pearlescent chalk around the owl to help it pop a bit. I used sticky pads behind the image and the die cut flower to make them pop too - again the photo doesn't show it up well. All in all, I actually like my card!

The two photographs differ quite a lot - I've been playing with the editing software to try to improve my photos, but I can't seem to get the best from it yet. I think the trick is to take a great shot in the first place. I have been researching how to take great photos and found how to make a light box so that's my next project!

Now to go and celebrate my birthday today - it's present opening time!!

Papers/cardstock: My Minds Eye - Bloom & Grow paper pack (includes the die cut flower), Core'dinations cardstock
Stamps: The Greeting Farm - Forest Friends
Mediums: Pebbles Inc pearlescent chalks, Copic Caios, colour pencils on leaves, Versafine ink in sepia
Accents: BasicGrey button, Bazzill In Stitch'z white floss
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Label, Scallop and Classic Circle

5 comments:

Karen Giron said...

SO cute! I love this paper too - I keep putting off using it so I don't use it all up too fast, haha! The little owl is adorable and I love the way your dressed up the flower. Fabulous job!

Carly said...

Hi Mary, this is so super cute! The owl is just perfectly coloured and I love those papers! Also, thank you for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog, you're so sweet! Hugs, Carly
PS. The stitiching looks fabulous!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Yes, darling owl! Sketches ARE a lot of fun and quick to work with, aren't they?!!

Deebi27 said...

Great Owl!

Sandra MacLean said...

Hey! That's a really cute card Mary! I used that same paper earlier in the week on a different card! Great minds... :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin